Monday 6 March 2017

Still doing the 'Man' Cards

Hello everyone and welcome.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Here I am again with another of my 'man' cards.  Got lots of these to do each year so, once I get going, I try to get as many done as I can.  I am really loving the double fold cards with the tied down tags at the moment so you are going to see quite a few of these.

This is actually a scheduled post as I am away on a Cruise to New Zealand with my darling hubby.  We are celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  Can't quite get my head around that.  Where did all those years go????!!!


The papers are all from Kaisercraft although from different collections.  Made a slight change in the way I tied down these tags, that way they don't all look exactly the same (sort of).

 Added a mini bulldog clip ('cos I think they look cool ) ..

.. a Prima light bulb (same reason) .. 

.. some metal cogs  ..

.. and some scattered prills which are becoming a huge fave!!  (for me anyway)

Of course, I also had to add some washi tape!

The red background paper was fairly plain so I dry brushed some white acrylic paint around the edges.  Didn't quite turn out the way I'd hoped so, not sure if I'll do that again.  Note to self ; try this before sticking everything down or, at least, try it out on some scrap first!!



When the card was finished I also added some black and white paint splashes ..
.. and another man card done and dusted.  Just be aware, there are still a lot more to come. he! he!

Thank you so much for visiting and I enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.

9 comments:

  1. WOW! Your masculine cards are really awesome Margaret! Love the way you tied the tags and the microbeads are such a great detail.
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing, Margaret!! The layers are fabulous!! I love the texture and the way you tied the tags!! This is stunning!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!! Safe travels!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky thing! And I think NZ is having nice weather atm. Well, I hope so! 50 years. That is AWESOME-AMAZING! Well done to you both! And your card is fantastic. I do love your tie idea & the criss cross is super cool. The CLIP! LOOOOVE that idea, too:):) Looking fabbo as always:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have the most wonderful time... 50 years with the same man deserves a holiday!!!! hehe!! and another great blokey card with all the fantastic embellishing you are famous for !!! love the texture!! have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on reaching your Golden Anniversary. Such a great achievement and a wonderful way to celebrate by cruising across the ditch to NZ. Hope you are having a wonderful time. Your masculine card is another example of layering at it's best. The offset centre really appeals, as do the bulldog clip and the Light Bulb (I still have a few of those hoarded away). Prills are a favourite of mine too, they add just the right touch of scrappy goodness. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 50th wedding day. I hope you have a lovely cruise with your husband. Have lots of fun! Your card is fantastic. You are so good at making masculine cards. A lovely design and details, I like the little beads too. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret, this is just fantastic! You really are the queen of masculine cards, I am totally loving this one! The papers are deep and rich, so perfect for a male. Those tags spanning across with the twine holding them together, totally amazing! Love the little clips, and that lightbulb element is fantastic! Always a fan of how you add on those Prills, the copper is such a perfect addition to this fabulous piece!! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 50 years... we are 40 this year and I agree - where did all the years go... You are the queen of masculine cards and this one is no exception. I am not really a big card maker at all but I am hoping to get into it this year.
    Enjoy your cruise. Can't wait to see all your lovely photos. I am sure you will have a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A huge congratulations on 50 years of marital bliss! And what a fabulous way to celebrate on a cruise to a country I hope to someday visit!

    Your masculine card is fantastic and I love the design! I can see why Pamellia cased it, and I will be in line behind her! Great inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.