Friday 25 September 2015

Tags & Tickets - Easel Card

Hi everyone!!  Welcome to my blog .. so nice to have you here!!

Back again to share another of my 'guy' cards.  Not too many more to go and, once they are done, I can get started on Christmas cards.
Gahhh!!  Did I just say Christmas??????  Really didn't want to think about that just yet but I guess it isn't all that far away.  


This card was made for a close  friend who turned 70 (as you can see) and the papers are from different Kaisercraft Collections.  I am using up a lot of my scraps so don't always know which Collection I'm using.
  

I'm becoming quite enamored of using tags and tickets on my cards.  I think they add quite a bit of interest without adding too much bulk.


Of course, I also love using metal elements on my 'guy' cards and I also like to alter them slightly by adding some 'rust'.  Normally I brush some of the paint on and then rub it with my finger to spread it a bit and soften the look.  Unfortunately it was quite a warm day when I worked on this part of the card and the paint dried way too quickly so it's not quite as realistic as usual. 


The numbers are small wooden ones.  I've simply left them raw and just added a little gesso.


The inside is lined with more of the KC papers.  The cog border chippy is a piece from my stash so, of course, I have no idea where it came from.  I left it mainly raw and just added touches of paint and gesso.


Here's how it looks standing up.



I kept this one reasonable 'clean', in other words .. shock!! horror!! .. NO crackle and NO distress ink!!  I did do a little dry brushing with gesso though and I am happy to say it was well received, and that always makes me feel good.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and I hope you have a great weekend!!

Take care and God Bless.
 

8 comments:

  1. A great masculine card Margy. The tags and tickets are just the thing to add interest. Love the colour combo. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg! Yes you did say that C word!! It is coming around fast! Your card is so fabulous, very blokey and I love the buckle! And yes another weekend has come around so quickly! I hope it is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Male card, I am sure your friend will love it, Hope all is well. have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaaaa?????? NO DISTRESS or crackle? You're slipping up!!! And onto the Chrissy cards. Sigh. It HAS to come......good time to start I reckon......no last minute panic then, eh??!!!!! Love this one, especially that cog border. AND GOO FOR YOU using up lots of scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Despite not using all your usuals it still looks fantastic & totally rugged!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS. Best male card I have seen in forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous. LOVE the cogs and the painty work on them. The colours are so striking and perfect for a man. I am sure he was delighted...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous and creative guy project.. great design and texture for the rustic look

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.