Tuesday 23 December 2014

A Lovely, lovely Christmas Surprise!!

Hello lovely people and thank you for dropping by at this busy time of the year.
I did think my previous post was going to be my last before Christmas, but today I got a lovely surprise which I simply had to share.
I have been very blessed to have come to know a lot of very talented people out there in blog land and, quite a lot of them I have come to call my friend.  Some, I have even been lucky enough to meet personally but others I have never met and probably (unless I am extremely lucky) never will.  Well, this morning in the post I received the loveliest surprise from one of those friends who lives on the other side of the world and whom I, unfortunately, will most likely never meet.
I received a Christmas card from Astrid Maclean and I am over the moon.  Astrid and I, through a set of circumstances I won't go into here, did exchange cards last year but, as she is away from home over Christmas and as she is an extremely busy lady, I really didn't think it would happen this year so, to my extreme dismay, I didn't actually make one for her and then, this morning, I received this gorgeous card from her.   


I am always amazed at Astrid's art.  She has a wonderful eye for colour and composition and the techniques she uses to make her projects are brilliant.


I love the embossing and the way she blends the different colours so beautifully.


Love the heart with that little twine bow.  Such a lot of work went into this card, these photos really don't do it justice.  


Absolutely stunning work!!


Thank you, so much Astrid!!  It was such a lovely surprise to receive in the mail this morning.  Your card is divine and I will treasure this forever.
I have a box where I keep all my most special cards.  Some were made by my children when they were little and some were made by my grandchildren and also some from special friends (Astrid's card from last year is in this box), some of whom are no longer with us.  Every once in a while I get my box down and sit quietly to look at them all and remember when I received them.  After I finish displaying this card (which will probably be for a very long time) it will go into this box as well.
I am so sorry that I didn't reciprocate this year Astrid, but I will definitely correct that mistake for next year.  I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a really lovely holiday with lots and lots of hugs and kisses for you from your grandchildren.  Blessings to you all.

For anyone who doesn't know Astrid, her blog is Astrid's Artistic Efforts and you can find it HERE.  I urge you to go and take a look, her work is amazing!!

A very Merry Christmas to all my lovely followers and visitors too.
Thank you so much for dropping by and enjoy the rest of your day.

Take care and God Bless

oxox Marg


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful & thoughtful card! You've written such a lovely post to celebrate Astrid's beautiful creation too:) Have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margie, you are so sweet and I am so happy we met in blogland! And who knows maybe we will meet one day in real life! As I was coming over to your lovely country anyway, it was so easy to send a card this year, so please do not feel bad you did not send one! Wishing you and your a wonderful Christmas and thank you for this very kind post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how beautiful. She is a very talented lady and I am a huge fan of her work. A treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes there are so many wonderful friends to be found all over the world with scrapbooking in common! Such a lovely card from across the miles! And I hope your Christmas was special and all the best wishes for the new year which is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous and thoughtful. She is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely to receive these gifts at Chrissy time. I always have intentions of making & sending some but find the time of year ridiculously busy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.