Wednesday 15 October 2014

2Crafty October Shares # 1

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog! 
I am back to share my October DT creations for 2Crafty!  I have three of these to share with you so I will spread them out over the next few days.
  This card is fairly clean, in other words, there is no inking or stamping or masking.  I usually end up doing one or more of those but, funnily enough, I didn't feel this card warranted any of that.  I actually liked it as it is.  Go figure!  LOL!

2Crafty Chipboard used:
Flourish Adornment Set 5
Frames Tiny Kathleen


The papers are from Kaisercraft's Now Boarding Paper Pad and, as you can see,  I just did a little stitching around the edge.
I wanted the flourish adornment pieces to stand out a bit from the rest of the card but I didn't want a lot of colour so they were very lightly brushed with Wild Honey Distress Ink.   Then one piece was placed at the bottom of the cluster ...


... and the other piece at the top.


I usually like at least a few layers on my cards so you can see a paper doily, some gauze and a small tag with the Tiny Kathleen Frame placed over the top.  The frame was coloured with Versa Magic Cloud White and clear heat embossed and I then added a Tim Holtz word Band to complete the card.


The pretty flowers are from my stash and I just added some delicate stamens to complete the cluster.


Decorated the inside with more of the same papers  and left space for the sentiment on the die-cut.




Hope you like my card and that I have inspired you in some small way.   My next reveal will be posted in a couple of days, hope to see you back here then!

In the meantime, why not check out the 2Crafty Blog for more inspiration from my Teamies and take a look at the gorgeous chippies that are available from 2Crafty Chipboard.

Thank you so much for visiting and do  enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.

And remember, to find a 2Crafty Stockist near you, send an email to:
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au



9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Such attention to detail, and I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really Pretty Card Marg, love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! It's perfect as it is - doesn't need another thing - there's a softness about it that is really lovely & the clear embossing is a fab touch:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Marg, fabulous composition and you are right, it looks fine just the way it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Margaret. I like the neutral tones and layering. The die cut journalling spot inside looks very elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, very stylish and elegant with lovely flowers! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning, Margaret!! Love the way you've used the chipboard!! Your cards always amaze me!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautiful card Marg. You are right, it really didn't need any mucking about with Mixrd Media as it looks great as is!! Very soft and pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card. Love the colours and the design. THe flowers are so pretty and the inside as beautiful as the outside. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.