Thursday 24 July 2014

July Reveal for Meg's Garden #2

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog!!  Well, we're back to the rain again in Adelaide, the sunshine only lasted for one day!!  It was so lovely but back to the dull and dreary again!!  (sigh)
I'm back today to share the second part of my Meg's Garden Design Team reveal for July.  This time I have an AT Block to share with you.


I make my AT Blocks from scratch and I really love making them!  They could be used for so many different things, I thought this one could be used as a Wedding or Party Favor.  You could fill it with almonds or a piece of jewelry or anything else you may prefer.
Still using the 'Correspondence' papers I cut them to size and stenciled the side pieces with gesso before glueing them down and then adding small pearls to the center of the flowers.  I edged the papers with gesso as well.  Once all the sides were glued down I added the gorgeous Mini Rose Braid around the bottom.

The Dodo Vine Wire on the top of the box was randomly covered with glitter, although the photos don't show it all that well.  The Ivory Primula is another flower I absolutely love and I just added a small die cut to complete the cluster.  The heart was cut with a Fiskars Shape cutter and I simply glued the paper to it and wrote the Thank you by hand.  (I know, my hand writing is awful, but just pretend it looks pretty and that I didn't forget to rub out the pencil lines!  LOL)

I also lined the inside of the box with a different sheet of the papers and edged those with gesso as well ...

... and here is the box filled with lollies.  This little box only measures 2.75" x 2.75" but you would be amazed at how much will fit inside.

Hoping you like my little ATB and that, perhaps, I have inspired you today!

Meg's Garden Products used:
'Correspondence' Mini Paper Pack
Ivory Primula
Mini Rose Braid
Dodo Vine Wire
You can check out all the yummy goodies Meg stocks in her shop HERE,
and to take a look at the gorgeous creations made by my Teamies, you can visit Meg's Garden Blog HERE.

Thank you so much for coming by and I do hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!
Take care and God Bless.


6 comments:

  1. Beautifully decorated and just perfect for wedding favours I'd say Margaret. A joy to see. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVE it - & your handwriting looks just FINE!!! I reckon this would make a lovely wedding favour box too....it's really, REALLY beautiful:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marg this looks wonderful! I love the papers you have used both inside and out.. Your writing looks great and love the ribbon roses along the bottom.. you make these little boxes so beautifully, what a perfect gift for someone! Dry cold and sunny here, crisp mornings with frost.. I will be looking forward to spring that is for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really adorable Marg! Had no idea it was so tiny! Sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, as always!! I am amazed that you make these from scratch...you are so very clever! This may be a silly question, but I'm a bit stumped on what the AT stands for??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.