Tuesday 15 April 2014

A little Spring in my Step

Hi everyone and a very warm welcome to you!!  Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and that the weather in your part of the world is being kind to you.  We've had quite a lovely Autumn day in Adelaide today.  Nice and sunny with the temperature in the low 20s.  Could handle a lot more days like this one.
So, with our weather heading into winter, I thought I would take a step back and make a spring card.  Does that seem a bit on the silly side?  Well, I just felt like making something bright and sunny, and this is what I came up with.
 Have I told you that I really like making step cards???  Yeah, I think I might have mentioned that!!
 This one is a variation of my previous Crossover Step Card design.  Instead of using the pocket for tags, it has been closed and simply become part of the card itself and the crossover has been done in a double layer.  The papers were border punched with Martha Stewarts' Doily Die Border and some lace was inserted in between.  The papers used are a mix of Pion's Flower Frames and Maja's Vintage Summer Basics and I've done some stencilling with texture paste as a bit of added interest.  
 I've also tucked a few branches in between the card layers here and there.

 Added a couple of Vintage Brads at the bottom ...
 ... and here is a sideways closie of the flower cluster to which was added a twine bow.
The inside was lined with a sheet from Prima's Ledger Pad Paper pack and I made the pocket from a scrap piece of the Maja papers.
Thoroughly enjoyed making this card and it came together really quickly.  Love it when that happens.

I've decided to enter this one into the following Challenges -
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Spring Flowers
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


13 comments:

  1. Ooooh wowsers Margy, this is FABULOUS. Such gorgeous details & that flower cluster is devine. Definitely my new FAVE. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is totally devine - the colors beautiful and the layers spectacular. I love the flower cluster. Thanks you for sharing your art with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to look closer - thi really is a beautiful card. Love the pocket step idea too, and the texture paste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creation is lovely Margaret and just perfect for my Spring Blossoms theme, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x (I have a Grand Calibur to be won here )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous yet again Margie, your cards are always just so stunning!! I love the colour combination and the stenciling of the honey comb in the background looks brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phwaw Marg! This is spectacular! And yes, you might have mentioned just once or twice that you love step cards! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are really beautiful Margy I would hate to give them away. I am so not a card maker... i need to get into it because I always need cards...This is perfect for spring... love the soft colours...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card a lovely design and some very pretty flowers.
    Thank you for sharing with Allsorts 'Spring Blossoms' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely project and I thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Marg, I love all your flowers and the doiley like that and the hint of masking, beautiful card. have a blessed Easter Marg!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely Marg! A complete textural delight!! Bright yet soft & subtle. Winter is on it's way here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the distressed layers, and those flowers are just too adorable!!! Once again a beautiful, well designed card...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.