Tuesday 27 August 2013

White and One???

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.
Today I'd like to show you another card.   This is for a close friend's birthday.
It's a little different for me because I normally would use more colour but this, basically, is white with a few different shades of green. 
The papers I've used are from Melissa Francis and Kaisercraft.  I have used a distress tool on the edges but I haven't inked them.     The only inking on this card is on the chipboard frame.

The flowers are from Kaisercraft.  I dry brushed the large rose with some white gesso and placed  the cluster on top of a small piece of gauze.  The die-cut is a Die-Namics Fancy Flourish and the leaves were cut with my Silhouette Portrait and I've shaped them a little and then doodled around the edges.

 Here you can see a close-up of the chipboard frame.  This is Make'it'Crafty's Ornate Square Frame and it is lightly coloured with VersaMagic Cloud White and then with VersaColor Laurel Leaf.  
I love this little frame, it is really delicate.  I've had it in my stash for quite a while and I'm really pleased I finally found an opportunity to use it.
The vintage brad is from Creative Charms. 

The die-cut below is  the Honey Bloom Sprig from Memory Box.  Again, I've doodled around the edges for a little more impact.

You can see the layers a bit more clearly here/

For the inside I've used some paper from my stash and added a couple of strips of the Kaisercraft paper to decorate.   The sentiment was printed using Word Art.


There you have it my lovelies.   This card does look a bit pale but, surprisingly, I quite like it,  hope you do too.

A footnote to my last post where I showed the card I made for my first challenge.  Unfortunately it didn't get anywhere and I am a little disappointed but, it was only my first challenge  and I will try again. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and I do hope you will visit again.

Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Margaret, very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Margie, love how you have layered the different papers and elements and that little bit of gesso on the main flowers looks fabulous! Great composition too, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Margaret! love love this one - as Jen said your very talented...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it , so soft and delish ... love that brad there Margy .. wink wink !!! you will be addicted now !!! he he he . such a beautiful creation , love every little inch xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning and elegant card!! Love the details you added with your "doodling"!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is soft and so pretty Marg, I love the dies you have used.. and they are nuts not to pick your card from the last challenge.. but don't give up.. your cards are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love this. Beautiful "ATD" (attention to detail) gorgeous layering & beautiful colour combo. Beautiful Card Margy. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Marg... I agree with ALL of the above... exquisite attention to detail and I love the silly cut leaves.... did you get them online... I really need to use my silhouette more... that die cut is gorgeous too... I love the soft colours of this card... stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so elegant Margy...beautiful, soft colours, lovely layers and I love the floral die :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one seriously beautiful card Margy! WOWWWWWWWWW!! No, no, no it is not too pale! It is perfect!! your layersing is splendid, your doodling is so artsy & your printing in the card & attention to detail is amazing. 100% here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wowww love this card!!! And the flowers......Impresive!!!
    Spanish kisses my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card!!! The delicate layers are just so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real beauty Marg, you do those layers and embellishments perfectly .. such a stunning card!! Love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...this is super stunning, Marg! I love the shades of green against the white & your layers are equisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow!!! This is a stunner card!!!! I love it heaps! Don't give up with challenges - just keep playing along for fun. You will win soon enough and it'll be worth the wait plus it'll be even sweeter that way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is gorgeous! Love your use of all the dies!

    Hugs
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So can I send you my address??? What a stunning card this is...I love the colours and the design, just perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.