Saturday 13 July 2013

Booklet Tag Card

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.
I'd like to share a card I made based on one I found on Astrid Maclean's blog.  She called it a Booklet Tag Card, hence the title for my post.  
 You can find Astrid's Blog and her wonderful creations HERE.
I made this card for my Granddaughter's Birthday, she turned 11 today and, as you can probably tell, she loves all things pink.
For the card base I created a cutting file for my Silhouette Portrait from one of their Doily SVG files.  Needed a little help with that from my Daughter-in-Law Kerry-Jean Watson.   She's very clever with all things computer based.  Very handy for little old me who is not so cluey about such things.  Kerry has a blog where she shares her own fabulous creations and you can find it HERE.


From the picture below you can see that this is similar to a gatefold card except that the front actually overlaps.

Inside left - The paper is from My Mind's Eye's Lost & Found.  Stamped and fussy cut the little heart and attached it with foam dots.  Also stamped the little vine and coloured it with textas. 
The centre - Made a pocket from a half doily also cut with the Silhouette Portrait.  The paper on the pocket is from a free pack which came with a Scrapbooking Magazine and the paper on the base is again from My Mind's Eye.  The Die cuts are from Kaisercraft's On This Day Collection.  Cut out the tag from cardstock and covered it with paper from My Mind's Eye.
The inside right - The paper is again from My Mind's Eye and the small doily and the flower die cut are from Kaisercraft.
The stickers below are from Kaisercraft's These Days Collection. 
 The flowers are mainly from Kaisercraft.  I lightly gessoed them and also added some Stickles for a bit of glitter and placed them on top of a bit of gauze.  The leaves were cut with the Silhouette.  I also placed some small gems around the doily.  The die cuts in the centre are from Kaisercraft.



You can see the glitter a little better here.
I really like the style of this card.  I like the idea of the tag for the sentiment and there's a lot of space for decorating.

Thank you so much for visiting and I do hope you enjoy your weekend.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg








7 comments:

  1. Oh Margie this is stunning! Love your take on this "tag card" oh and thanks for creating the link... Love the papers you have used and how lucky you are to have a DIL to help you with computer questions... I bet your grand daughter will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so beautiful Marg, your eye for detail is amazing and the finish on this looks wonderful..love all the flowers on the front too.. I reckon she will love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Marg, the flower cluster is so pretty.... and love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! She's one very lucky 11 year old!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.