Thursday 30 May 2013

Tag No. 5

Hello sweet friends and welcome to my blog.
I'm back to share with you Tag No. 5.   I was actually intending to make 8 of these tags for my little journal but I might have to restrict myself  to 6 because otherwise I feel the journal will be way too bulky.  Then again I might do two journals, who knows?
The doily was cut from kraft card with my Silhouette Portrait, I then inked it with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and edged it with Walnut Stain.  I also stamped it lightly with a script stamp from Kaisercraft.
 The paper doll and her dress were cut out with my Silhouette (Looove that machine)   It was a bit fidly because I had to resize the doll and then had to resize the dress as well to fit her, but it worked thank goodness.  The shading on the pleats and petticoat was done with a felt pen.  I also put some stickles on the waist band and the shoes for a bit of bling.
 The quote is, again, from the net and I thought how true it is.  We all pass on our own little bit of creativity through our blogs and, hopefully, someone will get some inspiration or benefit from it.
 The large flower is one I made myself although it wasn't quite the right shade, so I sprayed it lightly with Sugar Plum Fairy Glimmer Mist.  The small roses are Kaisercraft and the leaves were also cut with my Silhouette.  One reason I love this machine is because you can easily change the size of  the item you're cutting which you can't do with die cuts or punches.
 The clock was printed on my computer, glued onto a couple of pieces of cardstock and then fussy cut.  I edged it with copper Versa Color and then ran a thin line of Glossy Accents around the edge.
The light beige cotton lace is from my stash and the darker one is from Bo Bunny.  
So, tag number 5 is done.  If I'm only doing 6 then I only have one more to make, but I'm really enjoying the process of making these tags so I may not be able to stop at that but, we'll see.

Once again, thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
I also wish to thank again all the lovely people who have left such kind comments for me, I really appreciate your support.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I love you all.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

5 comments:

  1. This tag is gorgeous!! I love the lady, and LOVE her shoes!! and I am sure if you started another book you will fill that one too with wonderful tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful!! Love that paper doll and you lucky sod owning a Silhouette!! One of these days I may just have to invest in one seeing all the wonderful things you can do with them....
    Can't wait to see your tag book finished and meanwhile I look forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful tag, Margaret...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I am so going to look those SVG files up for my silhouette.... didn't even know you had one. I must be behind with the times, no doubt ten posts I haven't read as yet. LOL
    Beautiful card, it really is gorgeous Marg...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great details on your tags, I love making tags too.... have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.