Friday 16 November 2012

Anniversary Card

Hi everybody! My oldest son and his wife just celebrated their 19th Wedding Anniversary and I thought I'd show you the card I made for them.

A few years ago I spotted a card on someone's blog (can't remember whose) which I really loved. It was an easel card done in black and peach and it was gorgeous so I saved the image but hadn't got around to using it as an inspiration until  now.
Here is my card.
 Unfortunately I didn't have much in the way of peach coloured stuff in my stash but made do with what I did have. 
 

The papers I used are from Prima's Rondelle collection (love those) but  the one I used for the front was just black with a few floral images in the corners and it was a bit flat so I stamped it with a Kaisercraft script stamp using VersaMagic Cloud White.  Luckily it turned out exactly how I wanted it - uneven and patchy.

The flowers are from my stash.  The small cream one is from Prima the two pink ones are Kaisercraft but I can't remember where I got the large one. It could also be a Prima but I'm not sure.


The little Imaginarium frame was painted with Adirondack's Dabber in Pitch Black and then sprayed with a little Pearl Glimmer Mist.  I've backed it with a small doily which was cut out with the Die-namics Decorative Doily Duo Die.  ( Try saying that 5 times really fast. lol )

 These little flowers are all Kaisercraft, the doily is the same as on the front of the card and the little branches were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch.

And here is the inside.  I wrote our greeting on the journalling card.

 Here is the original card.
 
My version is not exactly the same as the original but then it was never meant to be a perfect copy.  I'm pleased with the way my card turned out and I am very grateful for having the original design to get me inspired.
Thank you so much for visiting.  Take care and God Bless.
xoxo Marg

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You're right, those colours do look magical together Marg. I tried, more than once, to say the tongue twister of a die name, and failed. :-) LOL
    I really like the faded stamped words across the paper, looks fabulous, and your design of course! I am sure your son and his wife, will always treasure this card for their anniversary, its precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Love both cards to bits! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chantal for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love getting feedback. xo Marg

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.